Friday, December 21, 2012

Under His Apple Tree




    I began this blog, in a rush of excitement. Designed it over a period of months, wrote the farewell post for my old blog, updated the resources section, set up a Facebook page to get the word out, you know, all of the usual stuff.
 
   Then it was time to wait...

   And that is when my nerves began to set in. Because, you see, I am totally unqualified to begin a blog like this. The only credentials that I have, is the fact that I am, myself, a young lady, and perhaps more importantly that I believe God has given me a heart for you, my sisters in Him.

   I am not wise, nor do I have all the answers. I'm not perfect, nor am I even good. But I know the One Who is all of these things, and will gladly, out of his treasure store, cover us, and supply our needs.

   And this is why I started this blog. Because I want all of you to know Him too! I want to encourage you to own the truths in the Bible, and to know that what God says He means. I want you to seek Him diligently with all of your heart, mind, soul and strength, because I know that when you do, you will find Him. (Jeremiah 29:13)

   I have spent time, pursuing the world, and I know how empty that leaves the one pursuing. It's is when you discover that God is pursuing you, and all that you have to do is let Him catch you, that meaning and purpose result.

   So, in closing, I pray that this will be a place where we can talk freely and openly about loving and desiring God more. Where we can join with the single focus of abiding in our Lord. And where I can call back, from my place a little farther (maybe) on the road of life, to warn and encourage you.

   God bless you all, dear sisters, as we start this journey together!
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really love reading each and every one of them. However I will not post comments that are rude, profane, or that are simply an angry rant. Also, I will allow comments that disagree with me or another commenter, if they are respectful, well thought-out, and are backed by a kind heart. If you have a question on any other sort of comment please use Philippians 4:8 as a guide.