Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January's Topic ~ Discouragement



   Hello girls! This month on Under the Apple Tree, I would love for us to discuss discouragement.

    Discouragement, has been a very real and constant struggle in my life, for many years now. I strive and struggle to make it to a certain level of goodness, only to discover that I am still very flawed. This sends me into a type of despair, because I have the mindset that I should be able to do this, and if I can't then what is the point of trying?

   Can you relate?

   But as I have cried out to God, and sought the counsel of those older and wiser, my Savior has been ever faithful to reveal to me the root problem of this sin- yes, it's a sin- and what lies have been taking me captive in this way.

   As we talk about study and discuss this topic, I will be sharing Truth's from scripture about what causes discouragement, promises that we can claim when discouragement tries to creep in, and quotes from much wiser people than myself. I would also love to hear from you, dear sisters! What questions or struggles do you have with discouragement? This blog is, after all, for your encouragement, so I would love to be able to speak directly to your hearts! You can leave a comment with your questions, or if you feel shy about making it so public, you can email me from the Contact tab.

   I pray that God blesses each of you in this new year, as you continue to seek Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really love reading each and every one of them. However I will not post comments that are rude, profane, or that are simply an angry rant. Also, I will allow comments that disagree with me or another commenter, if they are respectful, well thought-out, and are backed by a kind heart. If you have a question on any other sort of comment please use Philippians 4:8 as a guide.