Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Why God's Names are Important




  I can't believe that it has been over a month since my last post!!! Well... maybe I can. (sheepish grin)

  However, I have a wonderful series coming up for you girls, that I am very excited about, and that will hopefully make up for my long absence... The Names of God!!! (Forgive me now?)

   I don't know about you, but a few months ago, this topic would not have excited me... at all. I mean sure, I would work up a smile, and an excited 'That sounds fun', but I wouldn't have really meant it. My change of heart has come about in the last few weeks, as I have been learning why God revealed to us these names, and what they say about His heart. (spoiler alert: it's pretty awesome!!!) So without further ado, let's get started!

   Before we really dig in, I want to give you a few reasons why it is so important to study the names of God. This will hopefully lay the ground-work, for the rest of this series, and get you excited about learning even more!
         1.) God chose to reveal them to us. And if you haven't noticed, He always has a great
          reason for everything that He does.
         2.) They each reveal a different aspect of His character. Too many times, I think we get  
          hung up on only one or two aspects of God's character, and forget that He is far beyond
          anything we can imagine!!!
         3.) They add richness to the 'common' Bible stories. I love, love, love, discovering the
          first place God revealed a name to someone. Not only is it like a treasure hunt, but it
          always adds such depth to the story, which in turn, gives us a wonderful backdrop for
          understanding that name and applying it to our own lives.
         4.) God says, that if we seek Him, we shall find Him, when we search for Him with 
              all of our heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)

  I hope that this post has whet your appetite to learn more about God, and that you will be seeking Him with all of your heart as we head into this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really love reading each and every one of them. However I will not post comments that are rude, profane, or that are simply an angry rant. Also, I will allow comments that disagree with me or another commenter, if they are respectful, well thought-out, and are backed by a kind heart. If you have a question on any other sort of comment please use Philippians 4:8 as a guide.